HR & Recruiting Glossary
This glossary will support any HR professional, business owner, or hiring manager. Here you will be able to find the knowledge of key terms and concepts shaping the hiring world.
Automated Job Alerts
What are Automated Job Alerts?
Automated Job Alerts are alerts sent out to active or passive candidates to notify them of job openings at a company. Job seekers can fill out a form on your career site and then receive an email notification when job postings become available.
Why use Automated Job Alerts?
- With automated job alerts, companies can reach out to the people who are most interested in working for them that have signed up for their job alerts.
- Candidates will receive word of new employment opportunities.
- You can track jobs in your city, with your employer, or for a company you want to work for.
- Passive job seekers (the ones with jobs already who are not actively looking for a new job) can still be notified of your jobs in their email inbox, spreading the word about your openings to even more people.
- Alerts can be set up to be delivered daily or weekly, keeping everyone who signed up to receive your job alerts up to date on your open positions.