HR & Recruiting Glossary
This glossary will support any HR professional, business owner, or hiring manager. Here you will be able to find the knowledge of key terms and concepts shaping the hiring world.
What is a Job Alert?
A Job Alert is a notification system that lets a candidate know when a job has become available. Job alerts may come in the form of an email or a text message to the candidate. Most likely the candidate would have to sign up for automated job alerts or engage with the company, letting them know that they are interested in future opportunities.
Why use Job Alerts?
- With automated job alerts, companies can reach out to the people who are most interested in working for them and that have signed up to receive the alerts on their website.
- Candidates will receive word of new employment opportunities.
- You can track jobs in your city, with your employer, or for a company you want to work for.
- Passive job seekers (the ones with jobs already who are not actively looking for a new job) can still be notified of your jobs in their email inbox, spreading the word about your openings to even more people.
- Alerts can be set up to be delivered daily or weekly, keeping everyone who signed up to receive your job alerts up to date on your open positions.