HR & Recruiting Glossary
This glossary will support any HR professional, business owner, or hiring manager. Here you will be able to find the knowledge of key terms and concepts shaping the hiring world.
Candidate-Focused Hiring Process
What is a Candidate-Focused Hiring Process?
The Candidate-Focused Hiring Process is a hiring method that puts the candidates as the top priority. Ensuring your candidates have the best possible experience during the hiring process could include things such as:
- Having a short application or 2 Step Application
- Asking for personal information only after the candidate is hired
- Following up with everyone who applies - regardless of if they were hired or not
- Overall, making it easy to apply
- Having a compelling Job Ad that helps the candidate get a good feel of what it would be like to work for you
What are the benefits of a Candidate-Focused Hiring Process?
- A higher applicant flow (more applicants due to the ease of applying)
- An increase in application completion rate due to the shorter/simplified application (which means more choices for the employer)
- An increase in the chances that top talent will choose your company because you treated them better during the process (better talent applying leading to better hires)